Hi everyone, welcome to the first post of Breaking Fast – your site for all information about breakfasts!
How often do we skip breakfast? I know for a fact that many teenage and university students skip breakfast on almost a daily basis – that’s why we want to encourage you to break out of your fast in the mornings! Did you know that skipping breakfast can:
- Diminish our mental performance. We would be able to concentrate better if we ate a healthy breakfast in the morning! That means we would be able to focus better whether we’re working, studying or just a general catch up with friends.
- Can reduce our intake of food during the day. This means we would be less likely to overeat during lunch and dinner.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Healthier and more nutritious diet
Typically, the main reasons people skip breakfast is due to:
- Lack of time in the morning
- Too tired to be bothered
- Prefer sleeping an extra half an hour
- No readily available breakfast food at home
However, these reasons can all be combatted and in the next few blog posts we would show you how as well as post healthy, delicious and fast breakfast recipes to encourage our readers to eat in the morning.
Who can say no to such a wonderful meal?